Cooking With Desmonae: Asian Sticky Wings
- 3 pounds of Chicken drummettes
- 2 cups of cornstarch
- ¾ tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ cup mustard
- ½ cup Slap Ya Mama Original Blend
- 3 tbsp of chopped spring onions as a garnish (optional)
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of chopped ginger
- 1 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 1/ tbsp honey
- ½ cup dark soy sauce
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 clove minced garlic
- Fresh Vegetable oil
- Clean the feathers of chicken drummettes, season with salt, black pepper, garlic powder, mustard and Slap Ya Mama blend.
- Mix Well and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Heat oil to 350F in fryer.
- Coat chicken in Cornstarch and place in fryer cook for 20 minutes in 1 pound batches. Be sure to allow oil to reheat for 4 minutes so you allow it to come back to 350F.
- While chicken is cooking make the sweet asian sauce.
- Add 1 teaspoon of oil in skillet on a medium heat, add garrlic, ginger, chili sauce, soy sauce, honey, brown sugar and lemon juice mix well. Lower heat and allow to bubble for 5-10 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 5-7 minutes sauce will thicken, toss wings in sauce garnish with green onions and serve.
For More recipes make sure to visit ADASHOFDES Facebook page for more food recipes.